It’s known for both its breathtaking architecture and focus on culture and the arts – so many creative types seek careers with organisations such as National Museums Scotland. For people who enjoy sport, Edinburgh Leisure is Edinburgh’s largest sport and leisure employer and has centres throughout the city.
NHS Scotland is a significant employer in Edinburgh with positions spanning a number of sectors. For graduates with a financial background, the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) has its global headquarters in the city. AECOM, an engineering and construction company, offers a range of graduate schemes in Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh offers extremely highly respected, top quality postgraduate courses in English, chemistry and social anthropology.
Heriot-Watt University, one of the leading UK universities for business and industry, excels in civil engineering, and accounting and finance.
Napier University is particularly noted for publishing and civil engineering.
Queen Margaret University has a strong drama programme and is well known for its research in health sciences, particularly its range of international study programmes.
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Edinburgh (Law)
- KPMG, Edinburgh (Financial management; Business consulting)
- The Royal Bank of Scotland, Edinburgh (Banking; Finance)
- DLA Piper LLP, Edinburgh (Law)
- Standard Life, Edinburgh (Investment; Asset management)
- City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh (Teaching; Social work)
- Edinburgh Leisure, Edinburgh (Leisure; Management; HR)
- National Museums Scotland, Edinburgh (Conservation; HR)
- The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland, Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh (Research; Maintenance)
- NHS Scotland, Edinburgh (Public sector; Healthcare)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- The popular Edinburgh Festival and Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Great shops and beautiful scenery
- Lots of leisure and sporting activities
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Dunfermline – 17 miles
- Livingston – 18 miles
- Glasgow – 46 miles
Browse vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in Scotland