Graduate careers in Leeds
Its universities are among the most popular in the country, receiving the most applications year on year, and Leeds’ student-driven nightlife will provide many affordable options for the recently graduated. There is also a great emphasis placed on festivals and parades: Leeds Festival, Leeds Pride and the Leeds West Indian Carnival are just three notable examples.
The University of Leeds is especially recognised for research and is consistently top-ranked in the fields of electrical and electronic engineering, Italian, social work and science.
Leeds Beckett University has a research centre for sports coaching and delivers research and development consultancy support to sport and sport coaching organisations. Communication, cultural and media studies, and business and management are among subjects that have a high quality of teaching.
Leeds Trinity University College offers a smaller student environment. In recent years, £15 million has been invested into the campus.
- Addleshaw Goddard, Leeds (Law)
- Leeds City Council, Leeds (Public sector; Housing; Arts)
- ASDA, Leeds (Retail; Finance; Marketing)
- Cummins Turbo Technologies Ltd, Huddersfield (Mechanical engineering)
- Royal Navy, Leeds (Logistics; Intelligence; Healthcare)
- Ernst & Young, Leeds (Accounting and finance; Consulting)
- University of Leeds, Leeds (IT; Accounting)
- BBC Leeds, Leeds (Media; Journalism; Television)
- Leeds Guide Magazine, Leeds (Journalism; IT)
- Rolls-Royce plc, Barnoldswick (Manufacturing; Sales; Engineering; Corporate)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Medieval Kirkstall Abbey ruins
- The Leeds Festival and Leeds International Film Festival
- Culture galore in the form of museums, galleries and theatres
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Bradford – 10 miles
- Huddersfield – 20 miles
- York – 30 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber