Graduate careers in Nottingham
With its renowned music, art and theatrical scenes and lively nightlife, Nottingham offers a wealth of entertainment options for all tastes and budgets.
Although it has long been an industrial city, the service and tourism sectors are now significant elements of Nottingham’s economy. The city hosts the headquarters of several multinational graduate employers such as Speedo, Siemens and Capital One.
The University of Nottingham’s medical school forms a part of the Queen’s Medical Centre – the UK’s first purpose built teaching hospital. It is often ranked among the top ten UK universities, with particularly well-respected departments including English, chemistry, economics and law.
Nottingham Trent University boasts a highly regarded teacher training course as well as internationally respected courses in journalism and sport science.
- Boots, Nottingham (Retail; Pharmacy; Optometry)
- Nottingham City Council, Nottingham (Public sector; Housing; Healthcare)
- Vision Express, Nottingham (Optometry; Retail; Marketing)
- HM Revenue and Customs, Nottingham (Civil service)
- Siemens, Nottingham (Engineering; HR)
- Capital One, Nottingham (Accounting and financial services; Business consulting)
- University of Nottingham, Nottingham (Administration)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Stapleford (Logistics; Management)
- Nottinghamshire Police, Nottingham (Policing; HR)
- E.ON (Engineering, Business, Marketing)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Museums, theatres and art galleries
- An easy escape to nature in Sherwood Forest and the Peak District
- The Goose Fair, a 700-year tradition
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Derby – 19 miles
- Leicester – 28 miles
- Sheffield – 45 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in the East Midlands