It is particularly famous for its technological industries, which are a draw for graduates of engineering, IT and finance disciplines. The retail industry in Reading is one of the most significant in the south east, attracting large numbers of graduates. Another popular career destination is accounting and finance, with potential graduate positions at both Ross Brooke and HW Chartered Accountants.
The University of Reading enjoys a great reputation as a research university. It performs well in a variety of subjects at postgraduate level and a current multimillion pound investment programme is aimed at building on this reputation. The university is highly regarded in subjects such as architecture, biology and maths.
University of West London also has a campus in Reading and is known for its world-leading research in nursing and midwifery.
- Shoosmiths, Reading (Law)
- MMR Research Worldwide Ltd, Wallingford (Sales; Marketing)
- RFI Global Services Ltd, Basingstoke (Engineering; IT)
- Atomic Weapons Establishment, Reading (Science; Engineering; Technology)
- HW Chartered Accountants, Reading (Accounting and finance)
- Imtech Traffic & Infra UK Ltd, Basingstoke (Logistics; Engineering)
- Ross Brooke Chartered Accountants, Newbury (Accounting and finance)
- House of Fraser, Reading (Retail)
- Fujitsu, Bracknell (Business consulting; Sales; HR; Finance)
- Microsoft, Reading (ITl Business; Sales)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Its famous gaol where Oscar Wilde did hard labour
- Historical city, full of ancient buildings, galleries and museums
- Home of famous Reading Festival
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Basingstoke – 18 miles
- Oxford – 26 miles
- London – 41 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in the south east