Graduate careers in Exeter
While tourism makes up a large part of the city’s job market, Exeter is also home to the Met Office, which is now one of the biggest employers in the area. Along with other well-known companies such as the airline, Flybe and EDF Energy, the Met Office recruits science, technology and engineering graduates on an ongoing basis.
Opportunities too exist in private environmental development companies and law firms, but public sector employers Devon County Council and the NHS are the most significant graduate recruiters in Exeter.
Often ranking in the top 15 for universities in the UK, the University of Exeter is renowned for its top-quality research into English, classics, sociology, archaeology and accounting and finance. The university’s sister campus near Falmouth also offers further study options including humanities, business, law and science.
- The Met Office, Exeter (Science; IT)
- Devon County Council, Exeter (Public sector)
- The University of Exeter, Exeter (Administration; IT)
- EDF Energy, Exeter (Engineering; Management)
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust, Exeter (Public Sector; Healthcare)
- Flybe, Exeter (Aviation; Aeronautical engineering)
- Devon Community Housing Society, Exeter (Public sector; Housing)
- Ashfords LLP, Exeter (Law)
- Parkwood Leisure, Exeter (Leisure; Management)
- Environment Agency, Exeter (Environmental development; Engineering)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Plenty of culture including art galleries, museums and Exeter cathedral
- The Great West Run half marathon
- Music, dance, comedy and more at the popular Exeter Summer Festival
It’s within commuting distance of...
- Torquay – 23 miles
- Okehampton – 23 miles
- Taunton – 33 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in the south west