UK 300: top logistics, transport and supply chain employers
…as voted for by students and graduates
The UK 300 features the most comprehensive annual survey of student opinion on graduate careers, employers and their own job hunts; more than 71,000 students and graduates took part. The survey determines not only the most popular 300 graduate employers in the UK overall, but also the most popular graduate employers in a range of career sectors, including logistics, transport and supply chain.
The top graduate employers in logistics, transport and supply chain are listed in the table below. Surprisingly, nothing has changed this year: the list of the top employers still comprises the same transport providers, third-party logistic companies and manufacturers as last year, in precisely the same order.
Students interested in employers in this sector…
- probably want an international career: 45% of survey respondents interested in this sector wanted to work for a large international employer (compared to a 40% average); 41% said that ‘international opportunities’ is ‘very important’ when choosing an employer (compared to a 36% average); and 14% planned to look for their first job abroad (compared to an 11% average)
- are less likely to have undertaken an internship than average by the time of their final year (29% of finalists had, compared to a 39% average) but are more likely to have completed a placement year (22% of finalists had, compared to an 18% average)
- are the most likely of students across all sectors to cite their parents or family as the primary influence on their career choice (33% did).
NB: Percentages have been rounded.
Last year: 1
Accountancy and financial management, Engineering, Aerospace, Electronic and electrical
Last year: 2
Last year: 3
Transport for London
Last year: 4
Last year: 5
Accountancy and financial management, HR and recruitment, IT and technology, Logistics, transport and supply chain, Management and business
Last year: 6
Logistics, transport and supply chain
More help from TARGETjobs
- TARGETjobs Logistic, transport and supply chain: specialist advice on graduate careers in logistics and supply chain management
- Get the Inside Buzz on graduate recruiters: graduate and intern employer reviews