UK 300: top logistics, transport and supply chain employers
…as voted for by students and graduates
The UK 300 features the largest and most comprehensive annual survey of student opinion on graduate careers, employers and their own job hunts. The survey determines not only the most popular 300 graduate employers in the UK overall, but also the most popular graduate employers in a range of career sectors, including logistics.
The top graduate employers for logistics, transport and supply chain careers are listed in the table below. There are no new entrants to the table this year, but five of the seven have moved either up or down: for example, Airbus has moved one position to take second place but Transport for London has fallen from second to fourth.
Students interested in logistics, transport and supply chain careers…
- were slightly more likely than average to use LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube for careers purposes and less likely to use Twitter and Facebook
- would probably investigate an employer’s track record of innovation when choosing where to apply to: 33% rated ‘innovation’ as a ‘very important’ factor when choosing an employer, compared to just 28% on average
- were less likely than students interested in any other sector to want to interact with employers through networking evenings/dinners, with just 35% saying they would like to – the lowest percentage share across all sectors.*
*Statistics have been rounded.
Over 73,500 undergraduates took part in the trendence Graduate Survey, which formed the basis of the results in the UK 300.
Last year: 1
Hospitality, leisure and travel, Logistics, transport and supply chain
Last year: 3
Last year: 4
Civil and structural engineering, Engineering, Logistics, transport and supply chain
Transport for London
Last year: 2
Last year: 6
Logistics, transport and supply chain, Management and business
Last year: 5
Retail, buying and merchandising
Last year: 7
Logistics, transport and supply chain
More help from TARGETjobs
- TARGETjobs Logistic, transport and supply chain: specialist advice on graduate careers in logistics and supply chain management
- Get the Inside Buzz on graduate recruiters: graduate and intern employer reviews