Graduate careers in Sheffield
Redevelopment of the city centre has boosted Sheffield’s already rich cultural heritage, making the service and tourism industry an increasingly popular graduate destination.
While major companies such as Barclays and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) recruit on an ongoing basis, graduate job-hunters are just as likely to be employed in small to medium sized Sheffield businesses, such as Tech Dept. and Swann Morton.
With two highly rated universities, ten per cent of Sheffield’s population is made up of students. The University of Sheffield is one of the best places in the UK to study dentistry and offers highly rated research departments in music, politics, history and architecture. Its students are also among the most satisfied in the country.
Nearby Sheffield Hallam University is one of the largest training institutions for nurses and midwives in the country.
- Sheffield City Council, Sheffield (Public sector; HR; Finance; Housing)
- Tata Steel, Rotherham (Engineering; Manufacturing)
- PwC, Sheffield (Accounting and finance; Business consulting)
- University of Sheffield, Sheffield (Education; Teaching; Management)
- Tech Dept., Sheffield (IT; Web programming)
- Barclays, Sheffield (Financial services; IT)
- Kennedys, Sheffield (Law)
- Grant Thornton, Sheffield (Accounting)
- HLM architects, Sheffield (Architecture)
- NHS Sheffield, Sheffield (Public Sector; Healthcare; Surveying; Management)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- One of the safest cities in the UK
- Having more trees per person than any other European city
- Lively music scene
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Rotherham – 8 miles
- Huddersfield – 27 miles
- Leeds – 34 miles
Browse vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in Yorkshire and the Humber