UK 300: top accounting and financial management employers
The UK 300 features the most comprehensive annual survey of student opinion on graduate careers, employers and their own job hunts; more than 71,000 students and graduates took part. The survey determines not only the most popular 300 graduate employers in the UK overall, but also the most popular graduate employers in a range of career sectors, including accountancy and financial management.
The top graduate employers for accounting are listed in the table below. The Big 4 professional services firms (Deloitte, EY, KPMG and PwC) continue to dominate the top ten employers in this sector again this year, although EY and KPMG have swapped places. They are joined by other private sector accountancy and professional services firms, including two new entrants: FTI Consulting and Smith & Williamson. The National Audit Office remains the sole public sector representative on the list and slips three places in the rankings.
Students interested in employers in this sector…
NB: Percentages have been rounded.
- are probably keen networkers: 83% of aspiring accountants in our survey used LinkedIn for careers purposes, while 54% actively wanted to engage with employers through of f -campus events and 51% networking evenings/dinners
- are more likely than any other students to rate ‘good career prospects’ and ‘training and development’ as ‘very important’ when choosing an employer (77% and 72% did so, the highest percentages across all of the sectors in our survey)
- are more likely than the average student to have obtained an internship in their sector of interest by their final year: 47% of finalists interested in accounting firms had (compared to an average across all sectors of 39%) and 90% of those internships were in, or related to, the sector.
Last year: 1
Accountancy and financial management, Law solicitors, Management consulting, Public service, charity and social worksame2
Last year: 2
Accountancy and financial management, Management consultingsame3
Last year: 4
Accountancy and financial management, IT and technologyup4
Last year: 3
Accountancy and financial management, IT and technology, Management consultingdown
Last year: 6
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance, Investment banking and investmentup
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance, Management consulting7
Last year: 7
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance, Management and businesssame
Last year: 5
Accountancy and financial management, Public service, charity and social workdown9
Last year: 8
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurancedown
View related sector lists: Top investment banking and investment graduate employers and Top banking, insurance and financial services graduate employers
More help from TARGETjobs
- TARGETjobs Finance homepage
- Specialist advice on graduate careers in accountancy and financial management
- Get the Inside Buzz on graduate recruiters: graduate and intern employer reviews