UK 300: top accounting and financial management employers
…as voted for by students and graduates
The UK 300 features the largest and most comprehensive annual survey of student opinion on graduate careers, employers and their own job hunts. The survey determines not only the most popular 300 graduate employers in the UK overall, but also the most popular graduate employers in a range of career sectors, including accountancy and financial management.
The top graduate employers for accounting are listed in the table below. The top four employers remain the Big 4 professional services firms, ranking in exactly the same positions as they did in the previous year. While there are no new entrants to the list, it’s notable that the employers featured have all swapped positions in the ranks, with the National Audit Office taking the coveted fifth place.
The students and graduates surveyed who were interested in accounting:
- would probably seek out international careers, being much more likely than the average student to want to work for a large international employer (47% versus 28%) and to rate ‘international interaction/opportunities’ as an ‘important’ or ‘very important’ factor when choosing between employers (74% versus 69%).
- ranked personal development and training more highly than students interested in any other sector: 72% rated ‘personal development’ and 70% ‘training and development’ as ‘very important’ when choosing employers, the highest percentages across all sectors.
- were likely to have undertaken an internship by the time they reached their final year: 56% of final-years had, which is 10% more than the average across all sectors.
Percentages have been rounded.
Over 74,700 students and graduates took part in the Trendence UK Graduate Survey, which formed the basis of the results in the UK 300.
Last year: 1
Accountancy and financial management, Law solicitors, Management consulting, Public service, charity and social work
Last year: 2
Accountancy and financial management, Management consulting
Last year: 3
Accountancy and financial management, IT and technology, Management consulting
Last year: 4
Accountancy and financial management, IT and technology
Last year: 7
Accountancy and financial management, Public service, charity and social work
Last year: 5
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance, Investment banking and investment
Last year: 6
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance, Management and business
Last year: 8
Accountancy and financial management, Financial services and insurance
View related sector lists: Top investment banking and investment graduate employers and Top banking, insurance and financial services graduate employers
More help from TARGETjobs
- TARGETjobs Finance homepage
- Specialist advice on graduate careers in accountancy and financial management
- Get the Inside Buzz on graduate recruiters: graduate and intern employer reviews