The Guardian UK 300: top banking, insurance and financial services employers
…as voted for by students and graduates
The Guardian UK 300 is the largest and most comprehensive annual survey of student opinion on graduate careers and employers. The survey determines not only the most popular 300 graduate employers in the UK overall, but also the most popular graduate employers in a range of career sectors, including media and advertising.
The top graduate employers for banking, insurance and financial services are listed in the table below. This year, Barclays has moved from third place to first place, putting last year’s top two employers, HSBC Bank plc and The Bank of England, into second and third place. HM Revenue & Customs rose from sixth to fourth and Zurich Financial Services rose into the top ten in tenth place.
Students interested in banking, insurance and financial services:
- most commonly studied business/management or economics
- expected to earn almost £26,000
- had related work experience in just under half of cases (49%).*
*Statistics have been rounded.
In 2016, over 52,000 undergraduates took part in the trendence Graduate Barometer.
|2||HSBC Bank plc||1||down|
|3||The Bank of England||2||down|
|4||HM Revenue & Customs||6||up|
|6||Lloyds Banking Group||5||down|
|10||Zurich Financial Services||12||up|
View related sector lists: Top accounting and financial management graduate employers and Top investment banking and investment graduate employers
More help from TARGETjobs
- TARGETjobs Finance homepage
- Specialist advice on graduate careers in financial services and insurance
- Get the Inside Buzz on graduate recruiters: graduate and intern employer reviews